Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Sleeping routine

 I've been sleeping much more lately.  After so many months of insomnia, suddenly I seem to be able to sleep.  I still only get 6 hours on a good night, but I wake up feeling refreshed...and I take my hour long nap at noon.

It would be nice if it was 6 hours from start to finish, but that includes at least three times waking up and moving from couch to recliner or recliner to couch.  

I think the reason I'm feeling refreshed is that I don't worry if I don't go right back to sleep.  I generally go to the couch at 10 and fall asleep in minutes.  I wake up 2 -3 hours later, get up, go to the recliner and post my 1 second a day video and work the day's Wordle.  If I don't feel sleepy, I'll watch Colbert, which was recorded while I slept.  If I feel sleepy, I'll go back to the couch and sleep for another couple of hours, then wake up around 3 and turn on Morning Joe.  I watch the first 15-30 minutes and then turn it off and try to go back to sleep.  If I can't sleep in the recliner, I'll go back to the couch and hope.

I usually wake up around 5 and settle into the recliner with the news on, followed by Today.  I generally fall asleep and may wake up around 8.  

Part of the reason I feel I've been sleeping so soundly (I actually have DREAMS these days) is because I wear the "Yes, I'm cold" shirt, which is very warm and has a hood.  


Under that I wear a knitted headband, which keeps my ears warm, and from 3 on I'm also wearing headphones so I can keep the TV sound off and listen through the headphones.  

I had the weirdest dream last night.  My friend Shelly (of Ellen and Shelly) was looking for the phone number of actor Robert Wood, from the Lamplighters.  Woody and I had a huge falling out in 1986 and I have had nothing to do with him since then (and he died several years ago) so I'm not sure why he was such an important part of my dream, especially with Shelly, whom I have not seen since before Ellen died more than 3 years ago.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 PHOTO OF THE DAY


8451 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...