Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving

It was a full day.  It started with watching the Macy*s parade in NY, then the dog show.  I fell asleep shortly after the dog show and almost didn't see the text that Jeri sent around letting us know that she had started a Zoom.  Jeri is in Boston, of course, and Walt's sister and her husband are also in Boston visiting her husband's daughter and her family.  Tom and his family are in Santa Barbara, and we are in Davis.

We were able to participate for most of it.  Jeri had arranged for 45 minutes, so when it suddenly all went blank, we knew that our time was over, but what fun to see everyone. Ned was helping Walt get the screen and going from his screen to mine to bring Bubba into the zoom.  It was great fun to see everyone.

When the Zoom was over, Walt and I watched a bit of TV (I saw the new Velveteen Rabbit movie) and Ned brought me a bowl of potato chips with clam dip.  

I came into my office to work on a letter I started on November 8 and keep not finishing (it's still not finished!)

At 5, we watched the 49er game and were happy that they won...we knew that Tom had something to be thankful for.

Ned decided it was time to take our family picture that I can use on my Christmas letter (if I ever get it written).  I was so happy with what he came up with.

We had agreed we didn't want to have turkey, since we have it so much during the rest of the year, so Ned did a sous vide roast beef that was delicious.  But he also arranged that we had all the rest of a turkey dinner - stuffing, potatoes, green beans, and even cranberry sauce.  I had made the stuffing the day before and divided it in two so we could have stuffing without onions for Walt and Marta, and stuffing with onions for Ned and me.  It was a delicious dinner.


And I was glad that my pie mojo seems to be back.  My pumpkin pie was delicious...and the crust was great.


So Thanksgiving is over and now to start preparing for Christmas.  But what a lovely day!

 _______________________________________________________________________________


 PHOTO OF THE DAY

I loave this picture.  It's perfect for
yesterday's entry!

8459

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...