Thursday, May 9, 2024

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country.  He started writing sports columns and then went on to write about the town ... the sports, the activities, special people (he wrote a beautiful column after Paul died).  

Every year when he goes on vacation, he had a contest for people to fill in for him while he was gone.  I was able to write one of his columns one year...my proudest accomplishment for the Enterprise.

This week he received a telephone call saying that he was fired.  They gave no reason.  They had given no warning.  Just fired.  He doesn't get a gold watch or a party with his fellow newspaper employees.  He didn't get a thank you.  Just a notice that he was fired.

I am so incredibly angry.  He has started a new place to write a column, the Wary One (https://www.thewaryone.com/), which will start on Friday. I am hoping a lot of people read this journal entry and my entries on Facebook and follow him to The Wary One.

If you are on Facebook, I highly recommend you either go to the web site of his wife, Shelley Dunning, or to my page, where I shared her video, and watch what she wrote. I was in tears. I can't believe that the newspaper would do this to such an important person in this town.

I'm glad I'm no longer working for the Enterprise.

________________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

 


8594 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...