Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday Stealing



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from SwapBot


1. What inspires you the most?
People who make a difference in the world inspire me.  Like Jane Goodall.  Like the people who work with children in Compassion, Int'l.  Like Jose'Andres, who cooks for people in war countries.

2. How do you think the world will change in 20 years?
It completely depends on who is going to win the presidential election in November.

3. Cats or dogs and why?
I wanted dogs all through my childhood and could never have one.  I briefly had a cat, who ran away.  Walt and I got our first dog in 1967 and have had at least one dog in the house ever since, often two and when I was sponsoring dogs for the SPCA we had many more.  Dogs have a more predictable personality and are more interested in people than cats.

4. What is the funniest memory from your childhood?
I answered this recently.  I remember the day my mother brought a Peanuts cartoon in to show me and the two of us laughed so hard we couldn't stop.  Not sure that's the funniest memory, but it's definitely a funny memory.


5. Where do you not mind waiting?
As long as I have my cell phone (i.e., Kindle app) with me, I don't mind waiting anywhere.  In fact, sometimes I'd rather wait than be called right away.

6. What was the best thing before sliced bread?
The wheel?  The toilet?

7. What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore?
Best Foods mayonnaise.

8. What do you get every time you go grocery shopping?
Walt buys bananas and mandarin oranges every other day.

9. What do people do too much of today?
Use their phones when they are with people in real life.  (I hate going to a restaurant and seeing everybody using their phones instead of talking with each other)

10. Are you a GoodWill, or any second hand store customer?
No,

11. How do you feel about the death penalty?
I'm strongly against it, for many reasons.  For one reason, many times we find out we have executed an innocent person.  Also, it is cheaper to keep a person in prison indefinitely because of all the legal fees paid for someone trying to escape the death penalty.  And, if you execute someone, their pain only lasts briefly, whereas if you keep them in prison without possibility of parole, they suffer for many years.

12. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? I.e., paper towels, ketchup etc
We only buy Best Foods (Hellmans) mayonnaise, Skippy peanut butter, and Peet's French Roast coffee

13. What are some things that you will buy the Store brand, and find the quality to be great?
Since Ned does all my shopping these days I haven't been in a store in literally years and don't remember what I used to buy.

14. What is a Name brand item that really disappointed you recently?
When we decided to see Unfrosted, the story of the making of Pop Tarts, I had Ned buy a box of Pop Tarts for us to eat while watching the movie.  Oh lord how terrible they tasted!  (and how terrible the movie was!)

15. Do you wear glasses or contacts?  
I've never worn contacts.  I've worn glasses since I was 10.  I wouldn't know what I look like without glasses.

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8604 

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that there was a movie about Pop Tarts. I used to like them, but the last ones I had were not good. I think that was about 4 years ago and I haven't bought any since. They aren't good for you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Old Testament reading at church for today (Pentecost) was Ezekiel 37, the Dry Bones scripture! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%2037&version=NIV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't eaten a Poptart in years! I have not seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...