Saturday, May 4, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from SwapBot


1. Who is your best friend and why? What do you like to do together?
My best friend is Char, whom I met at UC Berkeley in 1961.  We've been friends all these years, raised our respective 5 children together, and did so many silly things (like throwing pumpkin pies at each other and baking 10 small pies for the kids to throw at each other).  We went on many river cruises together. These days, we are  ~100 miles apart. I don't drive any more and she is starting to feel like not driving much.  We see each other once or twice a year and have lunch at a place that is between our two homes.

2. What is your town like? What are your favorite places to go?
This is a medium university town (about 67,000 people), with the University of California Davis at its center.  It is quiet and until recently fairly safe (we had some bad stabbings a year ago).  The US census says we are 65% white,  21% Asian, 12% Latino, 2.3% African American.  We are officially nuclear free.  The topography is flat, so we are officially the city of bicycles.

3. What is your favorite meal? Where and when do you eat it?
I love Dungeness crab and rarely eat it because it's so far to a restaurant.  I also love leg of lamb, which I also rarely eat because my daughter-in-law doesn't like lamb.  Ned has been known to buy crab or cook lamb for me on special occasions.

4. What is your job like? What do you like about it?
I love my job -- I'm retired!  My job is writing letters, doing Sunday Stealing and watching TV.  The salary isn't good, but the perks are great.

5. What is your favorite place to go on vacation?
I guess Santa Barbara, where our son and his family live and where we go every 4th of July week, to celebrate his birthday.

6. What country would you like to visit one day?
We have visited 24 countries and are pretty much finished traveling, but I never got to any African country where I could see elephants.

7. What bores you the most?
Trump speeches (bore me and terrify me!)

8. What are you looking forward to this summer?
We have no plans for the summer, other than our trip to Santa Barbara in July.

9. What is your favorite film?
The 1954 A Star is Born with Judy Garland.  I've probably seen it more than 100 times.

10. Do you sing in the shower?
We have no shower downstairs, and I can't climb upstairs.  If I did take a shower, I would not sing.

11. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
I've received so many wonderful gifts from my kids I would hate to single out any one of them.

12. Do you prefer being indoors or outdoors
I love being indoors.

13. When was the last time you cried, and why?
probably last time I watched Call the Midwife.  I cry easily, especially at things on TV, like the grandson giving an autographed baseball to his grandfather.

14. What do you keep in your bag or handbag?
I rarely carry a handbag, but when I do it's to have my wallet with my Kaiser card in it.

15. Can you play a musical instrument?
I'm pretty good on the kazoo.

________________________________________________________________________________ 



8589   
  

2 comments:

  1. I love bicycle cities! Another lambe enthusist! The TIME piece re: djt is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kazoo is a good instrument to play!

    ReplyDelete

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...