Thursday, May 16, 2024

The Gathering

 So  this was the day of the gathering to support Bob Dunning.  It was held downtown and there must have been over 100 people there.  They served pizza, popcorn, watermelon, lemonade and maybe some things I didn't see.  The temperatures were in the 90s but I didn't feel warm.  It was handy having my walker because I could sit in the shade and when Bob was getting ready to speak, I was able to sit directly in front of him.

A reporter from Channel 10 was there, with his photographer and interviewed Bob before his speech.  (During his speech, he seemed to spend lot of time with the camera pointed at ME so I will be interested to see if I, in my Judy Garland shirt, will be on television).  



Several people recognized me and thanked me for everything on the internet (including Bob).  Made me feel good.

At 6, Bob got up to give his speech.  He started out by saying that in the mail today there was only one thing ... the bill for his subscription to the Enterprise.


He then said that some 7,000 people have subscribed to his new site, including people from 45 states and 21 countries!  (The guy from Ukraine had to pay in pounds, he explained).  

The whole event was very loving and it must have made Bob and his wife feel so much better about this awful thing that has happened to him.

(Interestingly, I saw one of the two Enterprise photographers at the event and he told me he had been fired yesterday)

This was such a big, unique gathering that I'm wondering if the Enterprise will cover it.

&&&&&&&&

Me (and Ned) on TV


_______________________________________________________________.________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY




8601

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...