Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Family Reunion

It's so nice having Jeri and Phil here for a few days.  They spent 4 days in Santa Barbara, visiting with Tom's family and are here for 4 days and then will take the train up to Eugene (Oregon) where Phil's family live.

They are spending the nights with their friend Jessica, who has a guest room they can use (which we don't).  I made banana bread the night before and they came over for breakfast, which Ned made.  We had such a good time sitting around and chatting.  I got to learn more about the granddaughters from Jeri, since I almost never hear news from them directly.  Brianna drove them to the train station.  She has also just started her first job.

When breakfast was over, Ned and Phil went out to the hall where Ned works to check the mouse traps.  Jeri got in touch with Gonz, her high school music teacher, with whom she has remained friends all these years.  He was home and so she went to his house for a visit which was great for me because it gave me a chance to have my afternoon nap.

In the afternoon, Phil and Ned worked on music (Phil plays the guitar, as does Ned) while Jeri and I worked on the puzzle I'm currently doing.

And we stopped to watch a bit of TV.


Ned had turned on an old Laugh In and Jeri didn't really remember much about Tiny Tim.  I'd forgotten about him!  I found a video on YouTube of his wedding on The Tonight Show.   I don't think Jeri really believed it!  In this day and age, a character like Tiny Tim doesn't seem as popular as he was at the time.

In the late afternoon, the weather being perfect, we sat outside in the carport with our drinks.  I had water, the others had locally made beer (made at Sudwerks, where we went for the Adrian West concert).



Ned cooked dinner and called us in at 6.  We had a great time chatting about their plans for tomorrow, which is to go to the A's game in Oakland (Ned and I won't be going).  Our car starter has been having problems and Walt couldn't get it to start for 15 minutes when he was at the store yesterday, so they are going to take Ned's car

Then after dinner, Ned and Phil did more music, while Walt, Jeri and I watched Jeopardy before Jeri and Phil headed off back to Jessica's for the night.

It was a quiet day, but just so nice having them here.
_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8606 

1 comment:

  1. Bev, the girl that married Tiny Tim was in my year at our high school in NJ. Vicki Budinger left high school to marry him!

    ReplyDelete

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...