Monday, May 13, 2024

Mothers Day

What a wonderful Mothers Day.  Tom sent a gorgeous arrangement of flowers ("photo of the day") and Walt brought me a dozen red roses.

Jeri sent sticky buns from a bakery in Boston, which I was going to cook for Sunday breakfast, but Marta decided to make strawberry French toast, so the sticky buns will be for tomorrow or Tuesday.  The French toast was delicious.


On the plate in front of the French Toast is a package of California brittle, my favorite See's candy.  There are also three postcards that Ned bought for me at the Whole Earth festival.  I loved them all, but this is my very favorite:

(we have wild turkeys roaming the streets of Davis)

Ned has worked the Whole Earth Festival Thursday to Sunday.  He got up early and made a taco casserole so we could heat it up for dinner Thursday and Friday and Marta bought pizza for Saturday.  Neither of them will be here tonight, but we have leftover pizza and leftover taco casserole...and leftover French toast for dessert!

Got a call from Jeri, but nothing from the granddaughters, who were with their other grandma today.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Flowers from Tom

8598  

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...