Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Popcorn

I know I shouldn't pay attention to the ads on Facebook, but I'm the gullible reader who they are aimed at.  I have purchased too many things that were worthless when then arrived.  But then I have also purchased some things (like the slipper-socks that I wear all the time) which are definitely worthwhile.

I was intrigued by ads for opopop popcorn.  While I like popcorn, we never have it in the house, so I never have it.  But this sounded good. " unexpected flavors, new ways to pop, and a complete reinvention of your favorite snack, we make delicious popcorn optimized for eating."  

The kernels are wrapped in flavor to give every bite you takes the flavor you are looking for.  They also suggest getting their special microwave bowl as "just the right size."  

It's expensive, but I decided to get their basic package just to see what it's like.  It's six packages of buttered popcorn, and I added one more of salty caramel.

The day it arrived, I popped the test package and it was perfect.  Every popcorn piece tasted of butter (without melted butter poured on it).  And it fit exactly into the bowl that came with the package.  There were only a few unpopped kernels.

The next day I decided to try the salty caramel flavor.  The package was larger than the buttered package, but I poured it into the bowl and started to pop it.  They say it pops in 2-4 minutes, but at 4 minutes I had only heard one pop, so I added 2 more minutes, and then 3 more so that it popped almost 10 minutes.

When I looked in the microwave door, I was shocked.  The popcorn had overflowed the bowl and was popping all over the microwave, so that I finally stopped it entirely.  I had more popcorn on the floor of the microwave than in the bowl.  And there were lots of unpopped kernels.  

The test package fit nicely into a large bowl.  This salty caramel filled two bowls and we threw a lot away.

And the worst part is that while it tasted OK, you definitely could not taste "salty caramel."

I will enjoy the remaining butter-flavor packages over the coming weeks, but I definitely will not order any more and have lost the desire to taste any of their special flavors.

_______________________________________________________________.________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8599

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...