Saturday, May 11, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from SwapBot



I didn't realize I had written these questions in March.  Owell.   I find my answers in May are slightly different, some of them.

1.    Write about the best decision you ever made. How did you make it? Was it reasoning or gut instinct?
I answered a note in a newsletter asking for people to help write the history of The Lamplighters Musical Theater for its 25th anniversary.  That changed my life.  We'd been fans of the company for years and I thought it would be fun to get to know the actors.  Turns out that through the project, I made some of my best friends, wrote not one but two books (one 10 years after the first), worked for the company for many years, co-authored several fund raising musicals.  It was the best 10 year period of my life.

2.    What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different?
I usually say I would graduate from college but my goodness when I think of all the wonderful things that happened because I left college and went to work, I no longer think that.

3.    What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn?
I would say burying our two sons, but first of all it would be the death of my then best friend, the musical director of the Lamplighters, in 1986, and taking care of his world after he died. It was the first real death I'd experienced and in the year of grief work, I read every book about death and dying I could find so that when our first son died in 1996 I knew that we could get through grief and I knew how to take care of the family.

4.    What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen?
I'm 81.  I have no great hopes for the future other than dying in my sleep!  I'm not trying to take any steps to make it happen.

5.    If you can time travel, what will you tell your teenage self?
No point in telling my teenage self anything; she probably wouldn't listen.

6.    Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.
There have been so many glorious moments, but the one that always comes to mind was a Lawsuit performance at the university.  The kids were so great, the audience was huge, my mother was there and I have a video of a some of the performance.

7.    What did you struggle most with today?
I had a bit of an intestinal problem.

8.    What made you happy today?
We went to a concert given by some friends who haven't performed together in many years.  It was such fun!

9.    What did you dislike most about growing up?
The day I realized I was an "adult" was the first time I got the flu and had to take care of myself.  Nobody to bring me orange juice or Kleenex or aspirin.  Nobody to smooth my sheets and tuck me in.  Nobody to fix special food for me.  I was an adult.  I hated it.

10.    Write about 3 activities you love the most and why you love them.
* writing
* watching TV
* working puzzles

11.    What has been your best trip so far?
We have been on so many cruises and I still think of our first cruise to Russia in 2010 as my favorite.  Not sure if it was because it was the country, or if it was because it was our first cruise.


12.    Write a list of 3 things (physical or personality-wise) you love about yourself, and why they make you unique.
* I have a great sense of humor
* I am a good writer
* I am able to keep many pen pals

13.    Discuss 3 things you wish others knew about you.
* I am very shy
* I have written this journal since March of 2000 and this is the 8,596th entry
* Since I no longer have a driver's license, I can't get out and visit any more.

14.    Write about your top 3 personal strengths.
* I am a  good listener
* I am compassionate
* I love animals

15.    Is social media a blessing or a curse?
Yes.

   
  
_______________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY


8596 

3 comments:

  1. You've been writing over 5 years longer than I! And I thought 19 years was pretty good. My teenaged self wouldn't listen to me either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are a very compassionate person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - your answer about the first time you were sick and there was no one there and you realized you were an adult -- so true!

    ReplyDelete

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...