Friday, May 24, 2024

Lots of stuff

 For Implace ... sadly, I cannot respond to comments on this blog -- I don't know why.  But I wanted to let you know I got the new Harlan Coben and read it in a day and a half.  I loved it!

* * * * *

I have this characteristic that has followed me most of my life.  When I find something I like, I end up getting lots of  things like that.  Look at  the Photo of the Day to see how many boxes of stickers I have (and that's not all of them...some are in drawers).  There are also two shoe boxes of postcards, more than I will ever send in my life.  I don't have a clue how many rolls of washi tape I have, but lots.

But it's more than stuff like stickers and postcards and washi tape.  I loved being a mother--so we had five children.  When we had such a good time with our first foreign guest, Eduardo, I took over arranging for families to have visitors and in our house we had 70 foreigners from 14 different countries over 10 years.

I enjoyed sponsoring my first Compassion child, a girl in India, so sponsored a boy in Brasil...and at one point was sponsoring 28 different Compassion kids.  Now I have 22, some I pay for, others I just write to.

When Peggy was here, we listened to a lot of John Denver music as we were driving around the state.  She liked John Denver and I had a CD of his that we played in the car. I enjoyed the music so much I started buying Denver CDs and now have most of the CDs he recorded.  I also have almost every book ever written about Judy Garland and every album she ever made.

At one point I got interested in rubber stamps and bought lots of them, most of which I have never used because I don't really know what to do with them.  I have thousands of photographs--more now that they are digital, but thousands of hold in your hand photos from when I was 10 years old and got my first camera.

We adopted a dog from the SPCA and agreed to foster a dog.  Suddenly for the next five years, we had about 100 foster dogs in and out of our house, and adopted 3 of them.

With writing, I have pen pals, now over 50 of them.  With some I exchange letters frequently, others less frequently.  Most people have a few pen pals.  I just get more and more.

I don't know what you call this condition, but I realized the other day, when I thought back on my life, that my life is filled with lots of whatever I'm interested, whether people or "things."

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY


Stickers in plastic boxes, postcards in shoe boxes
(2 of them...only 1 shows here)


8609

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...