Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Yeah...sleeping!

 What a fantastic night I had.  I  struggled to stay awake while reading my new book "The Winter Garden" (excellent), but was falling asleep so went to the couch at 10, figuring I'd wake up around midnight.  It was 2:30 when I woke up and I posted my 1-second-a-day video, then tried to do Wordle, but couldn't make any sense of it, so went back to sleep.  I slept until 9:00.  Going back to sleep, I was thinking of Wordle, and got the word that helped me solve it in 3 steps (I usually solve it in 4).  I am very rested today!


Bob Dunning is here being interviewed by Ned and Clyde for their show on Tuesday.  I had a long talk with him and it's amazing what his "being fired" has done for him.  He is now writing on Substack, a web site where people can write journals or anything they want.  He has essentially taken over Substack.  In fact, so many people subscribed to his TheWaryOne that Substack contacted him to find out who he is.  They ended up taking him to lunch to chat about his column.  I asked him how much of the money people subscribe pay he gets and he said all of it, except a small amount to Substack.  In fact, so many people subscribed the first day that he received a check larger than he made in a year at the Enterprise!  Not only has it been a good deal for Bob,  but also for Substack, which is now getting new members.  One other Enterprise columnist has left the paper and put her column on Substack.  

The Enterprise has no idea what it has done to support Bob.  The paper itself is now going down to once or twice a week and will soon be mailed instead of delivered.  How many more people are going to cancel their subscriptions.

_____________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

taking my afternoon nap

8612

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Glasses

I went to the eye doctor this week.  Ned came with me. The nice thing about having Ned with me when I go to anything  is that he knows I lik...