Thursday, August 8, 2024

Fingers

It's so nice that you can actually comment on this blog again!  I'm so pleased.

Ned checked my finger today.  While it is much better than it has been, it's still red and still swollen and while it does not hurt as much, it still hurts. He decided it was time to see the doctor, so I managed to make an appointment for 3:10 p.m., about 4 hours from when I made the appointment.

We arrived at Kaiser at 3 p.m. and I went to check in...which is when I discovered that I had made an appointment for NEXT week at 3:10.  Not only that, but my doctor wasn't even there today.  Ned was really concerned about letting the finger go a whole week and the appointment clerks said they would send a note down to the office and perhaps someone could check the finger.

We got to the office and in about 5 minutes someone called me in, but it was to tell me that they were very busy and she had no idea if anybody could see me, but if we would wait in the waiting room, maybe someone could.  

We waited about half an hour and finally Ned asked what were our chances of being seen...and they weren't good, so we just left.  He made sure that the appointment for next week was still on the books, in case the finger wasn't better by then.

We came home and he fixed a cold compress for me and I sat with that for an hour or more (until the ice all melted) and the finger did feel better after that...and I'm able to type this without much problem, which I haven't been able to do in more than a week.

So we will watch it carefully, but it's so much better than it had been that I'm optimistic that it will be pretty much all better by next Thursday.

_______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY
                 (not my real finger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...