Saturday, August 10, 2024

Sunday Stealing


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Swap Bot






1. I am looking forward to ...
Watching Harris demolish Trump in their debate(s)

2. Least favorite words
Anything violent or hurtful

3. If I ruled the world
Trump would be convicted of every crime he has committed

4. Favorite websites and blogs
Facebook, SwapBot, GoodReads, The League of Extraordinary Pen Pals, Saturday 9, and all the blogs of all the people who participate in Sunday Stealing

5. Things I do for myself
Not so much these days!  

6. Weekly rituals
Jeopardy and Family Feud (The Richard Dawson version) every night, Ned's radio show on Tuesdays.

7. DIYs I want to try
I haven't done many lately, but I'd like to get back to ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)

8. On my shopping list
Bananas, butter, milk, white bread, mandarin oranges <--  all things that Walt gets pretty much every time he goes to the store

9. Places to see in your town
You have to see all the memorials for our two sons -- a couple of trees, a bench, and an outdoor performing area with specially engraved bricks.  Also the Toad Town, and the Egghead sculptures

10.Road trip must-haves
Tissues, water, a way to keep my cell phone charged...and my cell phone, of course.

11. Guilty pleasures
Ice cream, donuts

12. Things I'd rather be doing right now
Actually, this is what I'd rather be doing now.

13. Books I'd like to read this year
Jeri and I are starting a book club for the two of us and we are going to be reading "The Elephant Keeper"

14. Lessons learned
Grief is work, but eventually the loss becomes a part of who you are now.

15. Vacations to take
We've taken our vacation this year -- a long weekend in Santa Barbara for Tom's 54th birthday.

Extra question:   Olympic events I like to watch or follow
I've been watching a lot of Olympics this week.  I love the gymnastics, and I love seeing things I had never seen before, like skateboarding, breakdancing (??? ... what are  they doing and how are they scored?)


______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Ned harvested our grape crop 

6 comments:

  1. Will the debate be fair if it is on Fox News?

    Ha ha - I saw a bit of "breaking" or as it used to be known "break dancing" and I was quite stunned to find it is an Olympic event. I had to chuckle. Still, it's harmless and if people it then so be it. And some of the contestants were quite talented. Live and let live I say.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume that with her experience as District Atty, Hannah can keep the debate fair.

      Delete
  2. I totally missed break dancing! I didn't know that was an Olympic sport. I'll have to find some clips on YouTube and watch it!! Will that be all of the grapes for this season? The grapes are pretty and look tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally don'tunderstand breaking scoring. Lots of people kvetched about it even being in the games - it WON'T be in the LA Olympics in '28 - but I appreciate the IOC mixing it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. We watched the men and women's basketball games for the gold, bicycle racing, and a few other things. I think we watched more of this summer Olympic games than we ever have. But I missed the break dancing.

    ReplyDelete

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...