Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Just a cold

 I'm not deadly ill.  It's just a cold, but I haven't had a cold in years--maybe more than 10 years.  I woke up with my head from my nose to the top of my head completely stuffed, coughing worse than usual, with a slight sore throat, and completely exhausted.  Ned came downstairs to make coffee and confessed that both he and Marta felt sick too.  We're thinking maybe we picked something up at Kaiser, since that's the only place that Ned and I have been...and he didn't come to the birthday party last week.

Anyway, the three of us were sick.  We took COVID tests and it wasn't COVID.

I pretty much slept all day.  I'd take a 1-2 hour nap, wake up, then fall back asleep again.  I had no interest in food (a sure way you know I'm sick!)  I went to bed at 8 and slept until 1.  I got up and watched the Colbert monologue, did Wordle, and went back to sleep until 4, when I watched the first half hour of Morning Joe and then back to sleep.

Ned went and got hot and sour soup, which was wonderful.  It had no taste for me, but it was hot and it was sour and it warmed my throat.  He went and got some more the next day (and I'll be having it for lunch today)

Walt didn't have any of the cold symptoms but was exhausted and slept a long time yesterday.  It was scary when he woke up.  He staggered downstairs and talked to me about his dream and wanted something, but he was making no sense and wasn't even speaking real words.  I finally told him to sit down until he woke up.  He was better after that.

This morning I'm still feeling rotten and have no appetite.  I just want yogurt for breakfast.  It has no taste, but it's smooth and sweet and that would feel good on my throat, but we have no yogurt in the refrigerator, so I had toast which was like chewing cardboard.  Thank goodness for that hot and sour soup for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken soup, with or without noodles, works for me. Do try some. (From Jerry of Dallas.)

    ReplyDelete

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...