Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Reading

Jeri and I finished the book we were reading, "The Elephant Keeper" and had our final discussion about it.  I was eager to have her call because the ending of the book was just strange and neither of us could figure out exactly what was going on.  I read several reviews on GoodReads and nobody else could figure out what was going on.  But I liked the book and now we have started a new one, by Fern Michaels, this one a mystery so it will be quite different from "The Elephant Keeper." 


I had a nice chat with Tom this week too.  I don't really talk with Tom all that often and don't really have much in common with him -- I thought -- but as we talked I found out that he is a big reader.  I knew his wife and the girls were both readers, but had no idea Tom reads.  He listens to audio books when he is biking and he has been going through all the classics, books like "Wuthering Heights," "East of Eden," books by Hemingway and  the Russians (we laughed about how all the Russian characters have two names).  It was a delight to chat with him about reading.  I thought only two of my kids -- Jeri and David -- were readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...