Sunday, August 18, 2024

Lots of letters

 I am gradually making my way through the letters I have to answer.  Who would think I would be happy to realize that there is no new letter being delivered to me?

I still have 10 letters to answer.  One is nineteen pages long!  The other is long, but I am having a difficult time reading the handwriting, though it's fairly neat.  I started answering that one a couple of weeks ago and keep putting off and answering another one.

Many of the letters I still have to answer are from my favorite pen pals, and so I don't want to just dash off a page or so without getting into the "meat" of a conversation.  I hope to make a bigger dent today, since there is no incoming mail for me (again).  

It's interesting that after zero politics in most of my pen pal letters now suddenly many of them are letting me know how they feel about the Harris candidacy.  

I wrote a letter to one Swap Bot partner whose bio says "I love Trump.  Trump 2024."  I decided maybe I could find out why she loves Trump, since so many say they love him, but rarely expand on that.  So I wrote and told her I respected her opinion but wondered if she could tell me what it is that she loves about him -- not his policies, but his character.  I pointed out that she had 4 small children and asked which of his characteristics she would like her children to emulate.  I wonder if she will answer me.

Interestingly, I read today that with the polls showing an increase for Harris, Trump's people are keeping the news from him because it would be too upsetting.

___________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



No comments:

Post a Comment

How I love NCIS

I don't know for how many more ?years ?months there will be NCIS marathons, but at least two stations have marathons all day, from 10 a...