Friday, June 28, 2024

Dead meat

 


We went to the Buckhorn restaurant in Winters for our anniversary last night.  It's a wonderful restaurant, especially for prime rib and steaks. 

We each had prime rib.  9 oz is HUGE.  I'm used to thinly sliced prime rib but these were about 1" thick and neither of us could finish them all (brought the leftovers home for Bubba...we had a literal doggie bag!).

We even had dessert, which we never do.  I had cheesecake and Walt ordered creme brulée because he knew that he liked it, but couldn't remember what it was!



But my problem with the restaurant is all the heads that are mounted on the wall.  I think about all those animals that were shot so somebody could have a wall decoration.

These  two especially got to me.  They are such huge heads and I picture them standing on a hill somewhere and someone thinking how cool it would be to shoot one.  I hope at least that they ate the meat, but I know that hunters often hunt just to hunt and don't take the meat.




This head bothered me because it looked like it is saying, "Please, don't shoot me!"




But the dinner was nice and I'm glad we got such a wonderful meal.  It was 84 degrees...I haven't been out of the house since the heat started and it was weird to be walking around.  I'm used to it being 71 degrees, which our house is...has to be that cold to make upstairs comfortable enough for Marta, who works from home.

___________________________________________________________________________
PHOTO OF THE DAY

A Facebook friend sent this to me today.
Isn't it cute?


8642

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...