Friday, June 7, 2024

Saturday 9

 



Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9  questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here are today's questions! 


Saturday 9: Footloose (1984)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune. Hear it here.

1) In this week's song, Kenny Loggins encourages everyone to lose their blues by dancing. What reliably shakes you out of a funk?
probably sitting and watching TV or reading.

2) To cut footloose, he has to kick off his "Sunday shoes." What's on your feet as you answer these 9 questions?
Socks

3) This is the title song of the popular 1984 movie of the same name. It's so well-identified with the film that the AFI named it #96 of the top 100 movie songs of the last 100 years. Have you seen Footloose?
Yes, both the movie and the stage show

4) The title of his 2022 memoir, Still Alright, was inspired by "I'm Alright," the song he wrote for the raucous golf comedy, Caddyshack. Do you play golf? (Yes, putt-putt miniature golf counts!) Do you watch it on TV?
I neither play golf (putt putt or regular), nor do I watch it on TV.  I find it boring.

5) Thinking of movies, Kenny says watching Yankee Doodle Dandy when he was just 7 years old made him think performing looked like fun and says, "I knew deep inside this is something I could do." Do you recall when you set off on your chosen career?
probably in high school when I learned how to type and discovered that I was not only good at it, but loved it.  I typed the rest of my working life!

5) Kenny grew up in Everett, Washington, north of Seattle and 84 miles from the Canadian border. Have you ever visited Canada? If yes, where did you go?
We went to Canada on our honeymoon, and spent time in Jasper and Banff.

6) In 1977 Kenny struck up a friendship with Stevie Nicks, who was a source of encouragement and would sing with him on one of his biggest hits, "Whenever I Call You Friend." Tell us about when you met one of your best friends.
My best friend today was the grad resident at the dorm where I was living.  I was convinced she hated me, but I got to know her through the Newman Hall and we became friends and have been friends for ~60 years.

7) In 1984, when this song was a hit, Angela Lansbury premiered in Murder, She Wrote, a show still seen in reruns today. Were/are you a fan?
I wasn't exactly a fan, but I watched the show and still watch it once in awhile today...it seems to be on all the time.

8) Let's tweak your memory about something else that happened in 1984. Without looking it up, can you recall why Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercial made headlines the world over?
I have no clue.

9) Random question -- Think of your last professionally prepared meal. Did you dine in, carry out, or have it delivered?
The last professionally prepared meal we had was probably when Ned went and got Chinese food.  We eat a lot of Chinese food.

________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8621

4 comments:

  1. Before this morning I'd never heard of Jasper and Brand. I just did a Google search and they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chinese food, hope you enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Chinese Food. Thank you so much for celebrating my birthday today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH...Banff National Park is on my bucket list..my husband was there when he was 12 but we want to go now that we are empty nesters. One day......

    Haven't had chinese food in a LONG time!! YUMMMY

    You are now the 2nd person I "know" who has no idea what happened to Michael Jackson on his pepsi commercial. I remember it well cause i was one of his biggest fans. (well, until he got really weird and .......old.....)

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...