Thursday, June 6, 2024

No mail!

 It was a strange morning.  With no printer, I had no way to print letters, which I usually do first thing in the morning.

One pen pal had sent me a postcard with her letter on it, so I sent HER a postcard with my hand written letter.  And I had email addresses for two pen pals so I was able to write to them an send  their letters via email.  (I typed them so I could save the letters and then copied the letters and moved them over to email).  By the time I did all that, it was time for lunch, so I had lunch and took my nap and when I woke up, I fiddled around on the Internet.

Finally the new ink cartridges arrived and they work, so I'm back printing again, though angry that I have so many perfectly fine cartridges that I can't use.  I'm just glad that Ned can use them.  Given how much I write and how much he writes, these cartridges may last him the rest of his printer's life.

At 10 p.m. last night I stumbled over a TV birthday tribute to Dick Van Dyke on his 98th birthday.  What a fun program it was.  Walt, who never watches TV after 10, got into it too, which made me feel guilty because i always keep the sound off (and use head phones) after 10 p.m. because the noise wakes Ned, but fortunately he didn't come downstairs to ask me to turn the sound down, so I guess it was OK.

There was a lot of the Dick Van Dyke Show in the tribute and probably more Mary Poppins than any other movie, but  there were lots and lots of clips of Van Dyke in all sorts of media and he seemed to be having a great time.  I have always enjoyed him, and especially the Dick Van Dyke Show.  They showed clips of both of my favorite episodes, which  was fun.

______________________________________________________________________________



8620

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...