Thursday, June 13, 2024

The Situation Room

 It's been a long time since I was so engrossed in a book than I didn't do anything else

That's what happened to me the last  two days.  I was so ensconced with George Stephanopolous' book, "The Situation room" that I couldn't put it down.  I didn't write a single letter for 3 days!

This book reads like a Harlan Coben novel....while the situations he talks about are familiar (9/11, Watergate, January 6, etc.), reading about what goes on in the Situation Room is filled with twists and turns and surprises.  E.g., Nixon was so depressed about Watergate that he spent his time drunk and on pills and Henry Kissinger really ran the country!

Review:  https://ftwbooks2024.blogspot.com/2024/06/i-saw-stephanopoulos-interviewed-on-tv.html

Anyway, that's what I've done for the past 3 days.  Now I have to find a new book to read.

Ned is headed off to Colorado tomorrow to help Marta ( who has been there 3 weeks helping her mother) and bring her home on Sunday.

________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY





8627

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...