Tuesday, June 11, 2024

The Day After

 I finished yesterday's entry at 4 a.m. this morning, then, despite having had a full night of sleep, decided to go back to the couch.  I woke up around 7:45, turned on The Today Show, got into the recliner with my cup of coffee, fell back asleep again until nearly 9.  Yesterday definitely took all the energy out of me!

Today, as I write this, is June 10... Judy Garland's birthday.  She would be 102, the age my mother was when she died.  

So it's been a weird day.  I had leftover stuffed eggs and cherries for breakfast, clam dip on crackers for lunch along with some potato chips and leftover peanut butter cookies.

I saw George Stephanopoulos on Kelly and Mark discussing his newly released book, "The Situation Room," which was available for Kindle, so I've started reading it.  Fascinating.  I have heard of the Situation Room forever, but didn't realize that it was JFK who started it after the Bay of Pigs, an event he took the blame for, but would not have made the decisions that were made if a Situation Room had been available (can you see #45 doing that?)  (Ironically the two presidents who used the Situation Room the least were Nixon and Trump).

I read that for awhile until lunch and then tried to take a nap but the mail arrived and I received six letters, all fairly long, which I had to read, by which time I was awake.

No letters answered, but I read the book most of the afternoon.  I highly recommend it to EVERYBODY.  You'll be amazed at the things you'll learn.

________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

13 letters to answer!



8625

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will hav...