Thursday, June 27, 2024

Spending

 From History Facts:  The average person buys about 70 new apparel items a year, compared to approximately 25 items per person in 1960.

What in the world do people buy that they buy 70 new apparel items a year?  If I give in and buy a few t-shirts in a year, I might buy 25 items per year, but nowhere near 70.

Walt is lucky.  He married someone whose money is spent more in stationery stores and book stores than in clothing stores.   I don't own any make up, face creams or perfume...any of the things you see advertised on TV.  My one cardigan is one that I have had for about 30 years.  \

I hate buying shoes -- always have, ever since I was a kid.  I wear slipper sox around the house and if we have to go out, I have my Birkenstocks, which Marta gave me many years ago.  They have a slit in them and the sole bends under when I walk.  I've been meaning to buy a new pair, but haven't.

I have my hair cut at SuperCuts ($25).  I went to a "beauty parlor" last year after COVID, for the first time in years, and it cost $70.  Now Marta cuts my hair.  I don't get massages, manicures or pedicures.

It's a good thing I'm fat or we might not be celebrating our 59th anniversary.

___________________________________________________________________________
PHOTO OF THE DAY



8641

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...