Saturday, June 1, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from SwapBot


1. If you like art, who is your favourite artist and why?
I am a big fan of vanGogh.  I don't know what made me a fan, but I've been to the vanGogh museum in Amsterdam and saw the vanGogh display in San Francisco.  I have read several books about him and loved visiting Arles, where he painted many of his famous paintings.


2. If you were able to learn any three skills or talents instantly and with success, what would they be
I'd like to be proficient in French and Portuguese, and be a math genius.

3. If you were to live in Ancient Times, where - in what country - would you want to live in?
How ancient is ancient?  I wouldn't want to go to any civilization where women weren't valued...and I'm not too keen to going to any era where there were no flush toilets!  

4. What is something you’re embarrassed to admit to liking? Whether it be a guilty pleasure, show, or unusual hobby, etc.
I still enjoy The Andy Griffith show.

5. What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
I worked part time for an attorney, who was a terrible person.  His whole life was work, to the extent that he once asked me to come in and work while he was in court, so that I could report back to him which of the 3 other secretaries talked to each other while he was out of the office.  I had been working for him for about three years, and I quit when he asked me to spy on the other secretaries.

6. What is something that you wanted to do as a child that you would still like to do now?
Ride a horse.

7. What do you hate being judged for more than anything else?
My writing

8. What is your life’s mission?
To make a difference in the world.  Hosting foreign students, placing them with other families, and supporting kids through Compassion, Int'l has given me the opportunity to see the differences I've made in people's lives.

9. If everyone walked around wearing warning labels, what would yours say?
Writer.  (Don't say anything you might want to have in print!)

10. At what age did you first feel like you were an adult?
The first time I got the flu and had to take care of myself.

11. When did you not speak up, but wish you had?
I find that when I speak up, nobody listens to me, so I just don't speak up.

12. What is something that makes your skin crawl?
The thought of Donald Trump being re-elected.

13. What was the last thing to give you butterflies in your stomach?
Surprisingly, my last trip to the dentist.  I've loved going to the dentist for years because she was also my friend and my dental exams were a chance for us to visit, but she has retired and the dentist who has taken her place has changed things a lot.  I was just going in for a cleaning and was surprised to find I had butterflies.

14. What's your favorite type of media to work with? (Paint, clay, pens etc.)
If we are talking art projects, I guess the thing I like most is making junk journals.

15. What question do you hate answering?
"How many children do you have?"  We raised five and buried two and I never know whether to say we have five children or three children.

   

5 comments:

  1. I have to say its awful when you are sick and you are on your own for self care. It can be an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like Andy Griffith, too. I like your life mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose saying "three living and two who have passed" will either make the person asking either terribly uncomfortable or want to get into details tyou don't wish to relive. Re: djt, oh, heavens, pls make him go away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #10: I bet there's a short story there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Van Gogh was very talented. I've seen a couple of his paintings in the flesh if you like in Amsterdam.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Dead meat

  We went to the Buckhorn restaurant in Winters for our anniversary last night.  It's a wonderful restaurant, especially for prime rib a...