Monday, March 20, 2023

Be Happy!

Today is the International Day of Happiness, so everybody should find things to be happy about today.

I am happy because today is also my "blogaversary."  I wrote my first entry in Funny the World on this date in the year 2000.  Sadly, I can't link to it because it was published by Geocities, which no longer exists.

That first entry was about Ned, who was working for a radio station and was living in a play house on a gas station lot,  trying to raise money to buy shoes for homeless people, because he had earlier gone homeless for a couple of days, as a radio stunt, and found out that one of the most frustrating thigs was how much his feet hurt.

This was the very first picture ever posted to Funny the World, of Ned inside the playhouse where he lived for a week.

I bought the Funny the World URL in my second year of publishing and it was published on funnytheworld.com until my computer broke last year and I had to get a new one, which required finding new software that would work with Windows 11 and remembering how to post to my URL.

I haven't yet remembered how to post to the URL, but in the meantime, I discovered I could write entries on Blogspot and I have become happy with posting here...not as "pretty" as the original FTW pages, but easier to edit and add photos to, and I didn't have to figure out how to find a web site creation software any more.

I have written 8,232 entries and I certainly never expected to have written that many.  It's amazing how many friends I have made through this blog, and sadly how many I have lost (seen die) in the past 23 years. 

So this is my main happiness on this International Day of Happiness.  I can also list other things, like my friendship with our kids, having 2 wonderful grandchildren, our dogs, who keep us so entertained, my friend Char, the only person I'm really close to other  than family and a bunch of other things less important.  So this is a good day for me.  I hope you have lots of things to be happy about today.

_____ 
8232

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...