Thursday, March 2, 2023

Peanut Butter

 Happy Peanut Butter day!


I heard on Kelly and Ryan that it was Peanut Butter Day.  Except, checking with Google, it turns out they were wrong.  Peanut butter day is January 24 and Peanut butter and Jelly day is April 3.  However, National Peanut Butter Lovers Day is March 1.  Who knew peanut butter had three different holidays?

The US is the third largest producer of peanuts (Georgia and Texas growing the most peanuts in the country).  China is the leading producer of peanuts and also the most dominant nation in terms of peanut consumption.  I wonder if they eat peanuts with chopsticks.

There are several countries where it is difficult to find peanut butter (including Brasil--I'll have to ask Ned about this), but there is no peanut butter in Greece, which makes, instead, some sort of butter made from sesame seeds.

I'm always surprised when I read answers to questions having to do with peanut butter on Saturday 9 or Sunday stealing how many people never eat peanut butter, or haven't had it in years. It's one of the things we always have in the house.  In fact, Walt went to Costco right before my surgery and bought FOUR big jars of Skippy, which I now can't have, so we have a very big peanut butter supply, while I'm eating no-sugar, no-salt peanut butter from Trader Joe.

If I'm making a sandwich, I like my peanut butter to be with some sort of berry jam.  I don't mind other jams but berry, especially blackberry, is my favorite (though I seem to mostly have strawberry)..  

Occasionally, I'll do an Elvis sandwich, with peanut butter and banana (I think he also added bacon; I don't do that).  He then toasted it, like a toasted cheese sandwich and somewhere in there I read there is some honey.



When David was in high school, his favorite lunch became peanut butter and tuna.  He had that every day for weeks, and only stopped the day he decided to try adding a pickle to it and hated it so much he stopped having the sandwich entirely.

Peanut butter has just always been a part of our life, from when I was a child up until today.  I am definitely a member of Peanut Butter Lovers!

_____
8213

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...