Friday, March 17, 2023

Saturday 9


 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: The Rocky Road to Dublin (2008)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a young man who leaves home to seek his fortune. How old were you when you first moved out on your own?
I was 18.  I left home after graduation from high school and moved across the bay to the University of California, Berkeley.  I never lived at home again.

2) He leaps onto a ship but the captain makes him sleep in the hold with pigs. Have you ever taken a cruise? (If so, we hope you had better accommodations.)
We have been on several river cruises in Europe, Russia and China.  We never once had to sleep with pigs.  I loved those cruises.



 3) This recording of the song is by The High Kings. Well established in Ireland, their career reached new heights in March 2012. Right after playing for the Lord Mayor of London's St. Patrick's Day celebration, they flew to Washington to perform for President Obama at the White House St. Patrick's Day concert. Tell us about a time when you were so happy, you had to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming.
Whenever this question (or one like it) comes up, I always immediately think of a party that was held by the Lamplighters Theater Company to celebrate one of their stars, who was retiring after 20+ years with the company.  I convinced them they had to celebrate her and I made three big cakes to share with the 350 people in the audience.  I don't think she ever knew I had done as much as I did, but I was so incredibly happy standing back and watching everyone celebrating her. 
 
4) This song was chosen because Friday was St. Patrick's Day. Do you celebrate this holiday?
Not a big celebration, but I'm wearing green and made Irish bread this morning.  My son is cooking corned beef for dinner (no cabbage because nobody likes cabbage)
 
5) Leprechauns are a symbol of St. Patrick's Day. These small Irish fairies are said to live in the forest, guarding their gold. Do you often wear gold?
Pretty much never.  

6) McDonald's has made Shamrock Shakes a St. Patrick's Day tradition. McDonald's began adding the drive-thru window to their restaurants in the 1970s. Would you rather order from the restaurant counter or the drive-thru?
Oh the drive thru.  You don't have to get out of the car.

7) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?
No.
 
8) Thinking of Lucky Charms, they are magically delicious. What breakfast cereal is in your kitchen right now?
Four of us live here and we each have our own preference.  My cereal is Cheerios, which I eat with blueberries and milk.

  9) Random question: Think of your upcoming week. Which day will be the busiest?
Wednesday.  I'm having lunch with a friend.  We have lunch once a month and have for more than 25 years, but because of COVID, we have not seen each other in several months.

6 comments:

  1. #9: Good for you! I'm sure you'll have a terrific time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you will get to see your friend again! That will be nice. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 That was very nice of you <3
    #5 I lose too many earnings to wear expensive ones.
    #8 Another Cheerios lover, I also add fruit or nuts to it.
    #9 Our senior group is starting to go back out to lunches again, what I am waiting for is the local coffee shop to start board game night again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev, thanks for your visit and comment about river cruises. We lived in Germany in 1972 for a year while hubs was working a military post office . I would love to do a German River Cruise and if time tarries I could see us possibly doing the Rhein River Cruise just to relive the wonderful places we lived so much our first year of marriage. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...