Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pi Day

 I thought about making quiche for pi day, but decided not to...then in the afternoon, Ned asked if I had time to make a pie dough so we could have pie (pi) for dinner.

I've written in the past about how my ability to make pie dough, which I've done flawlessly for decades, disappeared about 5 or so years ago, and using the same recipe (Julia Child's), same brand of ingredients and same method of making it, I simply could not produce a good pie crust that could be rolled out.

The last crust Is made (for Walt's lemon meringue pie) wasn't perfect, but it was better than I've made in years.  And the dough I made yesterday was perfect.  Rolled out great, very flaky and made a wonderful pie.


After dinner we watched last week's Survivor (so we can watch this week's tomorrow!)  After everyone  went off to bed, I played the Jeff Probst podcast, On Fire with Jeff Probst," where he goes through what happened in the current episode and discusses lots of things about how the show is filmed, decisions that are made, etc.  

Last week I learned that there are no bathrooms (which I figured) or toilet paper, so contestants just do their business either in the forest or in the ocean.  Apparently it's better to poop in the ocean than on land, as long as you make sure the water is flowing away from the camp.  The one thing they have never explained, which I want to know, is what happens when women are having their periods.

The only problem with On Fire with Jeff Probst is that they talk a lot about past contestants, and I can't remember one from another.  The only one I remember is the gay guy who won the frrst episode (can't remember his name here, but if you mentioned it, I'd know who it was).  They spent a lot of time last night talking about "Sissy" (I think that's the spelling) and how beloved she was through 40+ episodes and I can't figure out why she was so beloved, since she was voted off early.

It's the only show I  watch with Ned and Marta (Walt doesn't watch, except bits and pieces, but not enough to share feelings about what is going on).  Marta would probably prefer to watch upstairs, but I'm so glad they watch downstairs.  It makes watching the show so much more fun.

_____
8227

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful pi you made there. I would have adored eating that with you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...