Sunday, March 26, 2023

Tanesha

 


Who the hell is Tanesha?  Is this her?  I checked Google for "Tanesha" and this is the person whose photo comes up most.

I have been getting mail for Tanesha for years. It started out every few weeks I would get a message to Tanesha at my gmail address.  I couldn't understand how that was happening until someone suggested that it was someone who didn't want to leave her real address and so left mine.  

I ignored it because  ... what was I going to do?  I couldn't write to her.  Her email address was my email address.  

But lately she is getting more mail.  She pretty much gets at least one thing every day.  She got email from Walmart telling her is eligible for some sort of award.  She gets letters from politicians asking for donations.  She was invited to join AARP.  She has won lots of prizes that she needs to collect.

Who is she?

The weird thing is that when Tanesha first started getting mail at my email address, it was my email address (@gmail).  But I checked some of the message she is getting in my mail box lately and her address is at aol.  Now how does email sent to Tanesha42@aol.com end up being delivered to ME???

I tried writing to Tanesha42@aol.com and it was returned to me because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail. 

--------------

It's been a quiet week end.  Ned and Marta have gone off to San Francisco for a couple of days with their friend, the widow of Tom Fay.  She and Tom used to go to SF every year on their anniversary, and this is the first anniversary since Tom's death.  His ashes will visit the city for the last time before being sent to his family back east to be buried with others in his family.

Ned has gone to such effort to make things good for us while he is gone, going to the store to get any food we may want while he's gone, but especially taking care of Bouncer, who has started peeing in my office sometimes, so Ned has put down lots of puddle pads in case she pees while he is gone.  He's also brought her bed down from upstairs because he's afraid she will fall down the stairs of she tries to come down without him and he wants her to stay downstairs while he's gone.

Bouncer hates being without Ned and I expect her to be whining much of the next two days.  My biggest fear when Ned is not here and Bouncer is is that she will die.  She is getting very old.  Her back legs don't work very well and she kinds of drags them when she walks and she is obviously getting weak.  Ned has even checked with places nearby that will come to the house to do euthanasia when the time is right, but she doesn't seem ready to die yet.  Polly died in her sleep and I just hope I don't find Bouncer like that when Ned is not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...