Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Private Life

Well, they removed the posts on the driveway today.  We can walk on it, but not drive the cars on it until Saturday.  It looks SO nice.  I don't know why it has taken us so many years to get it fixed. Thank goodness for my mother's estate, which paid for it.

It's been a quiet two days and I've been spending a lot of time here in my office doing so many things.  It occurred to me that I have a whole life on the internet, some through Facebook, some other places, that my family has no idea about.  They might have a clue, but not really have any idea the kinds of things I've been doing.

Keeping up with pen pals has taken a bit of time.  It occurred to me that I really need to make a list of email addresses to write to when I die so Ned can let people not on Facebook know.

I've written to Compassion kids.  I have 16 kids that I sponsor now and half a dozen more that I don't sponsor, but write to.  I lost my longest sponsored kid, Fred, who was too young to write when I first sponsored him and has now left the program because he's become a father and is working.  In all the years that I have been sponsoring kids, I hoped that this would become a "family" thing but it never has, which disappointed me.  When Jeri was here recently she asked how my sponsored kids are.  I think that's the first time anybody in the family has even mentioned them. So that's a part of my private life, which I never expected it to be..

I'm in a discussion group on SwapBot for women over 50  I've been in that group for many years and none of  those women are on Facebook.

I also do swaps for SwapBot.  I just mailed off a junk journal.  I have such fun doing junk journals. They are just junk pasted together somewhat artistically into a 30 page or so book and sent off to a partner.  I have such fun creating pages,  though I'm not nearly as artistic as people I see on YouTube are.


That's another thing I do here by myself ... check You Tube videos for junk journals and other things.  You Tube is terrible because you go to check a topic like that and over on the right side of  the screen are suggestions for other videos, many oof which I watch.  That's how I watch Paul's "Sedona" videos, for example and yesterday it linked to the Lamplighters video of Gilbert's last performance as Koko in The Mikado.

A pen pal told me about two classes she was taking through You Tube.  One is on beginning French and the other is on the presidency of Lincoln. I don't have a clue how you find classes on YouTube but when she answers my questions, I may go looking for that as well.

I spend far too much time on the web site Temu where you can order lots of really nice stickers (good for decorating pen pal envelopes and junk journals) for a pittance.  For $1.98 you can get a package of 100 stickers on whatever topic you are interested in (and it's free postage).  I ordered what I thought were 100 dog stickers, for example, and was surprised when they arrived and were all German Shepherds, but I'll use them.  Somehow.  I finally had to order plastic boxes so I can keep the various topics separate so it makes it easier to find.  I'll never use all the stickers I have bought.

Every couple of weeks, I create the Sunday Stealing pages for the coming weeks. I'm always looking for ideas to save for use later on.  I also answer all the questions in Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing.

And, of course at some point in the day, I write this entry.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoy doing a Funny the World entry every day.

I'm always surprised, now that it is lighter later in the day, when Ned comes to tell me that dinner is ready because I've been so busy all day long and yet nobody has a clue what I've been busy doing. But somehow it keeps me busy all day long.

_____
8218

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...