Saturday, March 25, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves




This came from a YouTube entry 
that no longer exists










1. Working on anything exciting lately?
I have ordered a bazillion stickers from Temu and have been organizing them, and creating my latest Magpie Journal.

2. What was the highlight of the day today?
The Monk marathon to keep be entertained while working with the stickers.

3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends?
Weekends are pretty much like week days, so nothing special.

4. What are your favorite restaurants?
The Dead Fish, a wonderful place to get crab in Crockett, CA; Fentons Creamery for great crab salad sandwiches; and the Buckhorn Steakhouse (great food, but I hate all the dead animals hanging on the walls!); Todo un Poco, the Mexican/Italian restaurant owned by our Mexican daughter.  

5. Do you follow any sports?
Not devotedly.  I keep track of the 49ers because our son is such a fan and I've been a Giants baseball fan ever since they moved to San Francisco, but I don't watch all the games.

6. What is your biggest fear?
Ending up like my mother, with Alzheimers and needing to be cared for.

7. What is your biggest regret?
It's always been not graduating from college, but after all these years it doesn't bother me any more.

8. When you were growing up, what was your dream job?
Probably nurse, until I realized that I couldn't handle the smells. But I read every YA book about nurses. When I was younger and  read the story of St. Therese of Lisieux, I wanted to be a Carmelite nun.

9. Do you say ‘sherbet’ or ‘sherbert’?
I use the "r"

10. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
Several after the death of my friend Gilbert.  None since -- except he is still finding me parking places, 30+ years after his death.

11. What is your favorite food at a cocktail party?
Anything with crab or brie in it.  

12. Who is a book character most like you?
Any character by Jennifer Weiner

13. Do you read reviews before you go to movies?
I am more likely to read the review and not see the movie because a friend of mine is a movie reviewer and I almost never go to the movies.

14. How do you feel about cilantro?
I was one of those people who hated it because it tasted like soap to me.  Not sure when my tastes changed but I love it now.

15. Have you ever cried in public?
I have buried 2 children, each with huge memorials.  Yes, I have cried in public.

7 comments:

  1. The SF Giants were my second favorite team, after the Yankees, because they had Mays, Marichal,McCovey and others. The 1962 World Series was rough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of the 49ers - we don't really follow American Football over here (though the Super Bowl is televised).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Magpie Journal sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a Jennifer Weiner book in a long time, but I can see why you would think that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roger -- the Mays and McCovy years were the years I was most involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love TEMU stickers! I have way, way too many. I'm so sorry you have cried in public.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just reading the words that you have buried 2 children made my heart hurt for you.
    Making a magpie journal and watching Monk sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will ha...