Monday, March 25, 2024

A new hobby

 It appears that I have become part of the ATC (Artist Trading Card) community.  I've posted pictures of a few cards I've made and have received comments from people who want to trade for them.  I guess I'm getting better at it.

I find I'm looking at everything with an eye for how it could be used on an ATC.  I got a letter from someone with a nice design on it and turned it into an ATC which was traded almost instantly.


This is another one made from a post card that someone sent me.  I love it and someone asked if I would be willing to trade, but so far I like it too much to send it to someone else.



So I now have fancy tags to put on the back of my ATCs saying who made them, and I've collected small cards and envelopes to mail them in (rather than the business size envelopes I mail letters in), and I ordered something called "premium card sleeves," which are plastic sleeves designed for people to save their baseball cards, but which are perfect for ATCs.

Now I just have to make more ATCs so I have enough to actually trade with someone.  At the moment I only have about a dozen, or less, available to trade.

I'm also having fun printing address labels for pen pals.  One pen pal who read that I had made a Biden return address label for myself asked if I would make her two sheets of Biden labels, so I did.  Then I made myself a new label with this design.


I love it, but I have to be careful when I use it.  I know very little about most pen pals' political views, so for most of them I use ordinary return address labels, but if I know how they feel about politics, I will love to use these.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

This is the most popular ATC, so far.

8567

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...