Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Judy and Liza

Awww.  Ned and Clyde played both Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli on their radio show today.  It's nice when you have children who have radio shows!  I do have to make one minor correction, however.  Clyde, who played "Over the Rainbow" and dedicated it to me, said Judy Garland won an Oscar for playing Dorothy.  Actually, she won a special children's Oscar (smaller than the normal).  As far as I know, she is the only child to ever receive a children's Oscar.  I remember Mickey Rooney presented it to her.

Feeling better today, thank goodness.  I'm making my way through the letters to be answered.  I don't know how many I've written today, but so far about 6.  I've also started reading Rachel Maddow's book, "Prequel," about the rise of fascism in this country.  She said on her program this week that when she was writing it, she had no idea it would be so contemporary.

Watching all the news about the upcoming election and I am terrified that Trump is going to be reelected. His cult doesn't care about any of his lies or his crimes or anything else and they are just convinced that he's the right man for the job.  I read today that he is firing some 60 people who work for him so he can hire people who are essentially "Trumpers" so he's already getting ready for being elected.  And interviews with Trumpers say that if he is NOT reelected, there will be violence.

Where is the country I have known all of my life? 

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8555 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yum

 Ned is the caregiver for a building that is owned by the volunteer fire department.  We went there a month or so ago when they had a pancak...