Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Insomnia

I've been feeling too good.  So many nights that I've slept well that I wasn't ready for another night of insomnia.  I did all the things I normally do, but sleep just wouldn't come.  I tried listening to podcasts finishing the puzzle Ned and I have been working, and watching Morning Joe, but my the charge on my headphones wasn't working and so I turned off Morning Joe and turned on Monk, for which I don't need sound since I know it so well.  That finally put me to sleep for about an hour.  

I started answering a letter, but was so sleepy, I went to take a nap at 10:30 and slept for a couple of hours, so I was feeling more normal.

When Ned went to Costco yesterday, he bought a box of cans of baked beans, which I love, so I was able to have baked beans for lunch.

I finally did something I've been wanting to do for...years?  Now that I can't wear socks that hug my legs too tightly, I have a whole drawer full of socks I can't wear. And I need drawer space, so I went through all the socks.  I was surprised to realized that most of them were pairs.  I thought they were mostly singles with no mate.  But I filled two shopping bags and gave them to Ned to take to the SPCA or some other thrift store.  And now I have a lovely drawer so things don't have to be jammed into the available drawers.

Listening to reports on the election yesterday was so depressing, I didn't watch much.  I listened to Rachel Maddow, and that's about it.  I simply don't understand all those MAGA devotees.  Ned pointed out that they are angry with Biden for "letting migrants in, who will rape women" but say nothing about the guy who has been convicted for raping a woman running for president.

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



I finished this puzzle at 4:30 this morning

8549

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yum

 Ned is the caregiver for a building that is owned by the volunteer fire department.  We went there a month or so ago when they had a pancak...