Saturday, March 30, 2024

Doctors

I had my annual medical exam this week.  "exam" is perhaps an inaccurate term.  My "exam" was by phone.  Kaiser has an app that you download and it brings up a chat with you and your doctor (my doctor is always late when I see her in the office, and she was 20 minutes late to the video exam too!)

I started out giving her my blood sugar and blood pressure readings, and current weight (which, to my surprise, is 20 lbs lighter than a year ago.  She asked a few questions and Ned had a question to ask her, and then she told me to go to  the lab for tests and to get an eye exam and that was it.  

Not exactly what I expect of an annual "exam."  But then there really is nothing different that I feel about me than my last exam (which was also by phone).

I'm glad Ned was able to sit in on the exam.  My doctor is from Bangladesh and has a heavy accent which I have a hard time understanding sometimes.  Having a face mask on didn't help!  But Ned is able to translate for me.

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY

Bri's first birthday.
She will be 16 tomorrow.


8563

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bob Dunning

Bob Dunning has been a columnist for the Davis Enterprise  for 55 years.  He was the longest running columnist in the country .  He started ...