Sunday, March 3, 2024

Pancake Breakfast

The volunteer fire department was holding a fund-raising pancake breakfast at Lillard Hall, where Ned works, this morning.  Ned suggested the four of us go for breakfast.

I can't remember  the last time I left the house, but about a month ago, and it was so nice to see that all the trees are in blossom now. 


It was a beautiful day.  With all the rain we've had in the past few days, the sky was a clear blue and the clouds were beautiful.



The pancake breakfast was great.  Your choice of blueberry, chocolate chip, or plain pancakes, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, orange slices.  We got to meet a couple of men that Ned works for, and his friend Jon, who is a volunteer fireman, was there with his wife, whom I haven't seen in...years?

After breakfast, we stopped at the Post office to get priority envelopes to mail off journals I've made.  It's frustrating.  I have two of them addressed and ready to go, but I can't find the third journal swap and so I don't know who to send it to!  I guess if I can never find it, I have a finished journal I can send out for the next journal swap.  But I swear I saw that swap this morning, but I've gone through every list and it's just not there.

It was so nice to be out of the house, even for a short time.
__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Pancake breakfast


8547  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yum

 Ned is the caregiver for a building that is owned by the volunteer fire department.  We went there a month or so ago when they had a pancak...