Thursday, March 21, 2024

Letters

 Yesterday was a busy letter writing day.  I had a huge stack of things that had come through the mail over the past couple of weeks.  Some were letters from long time pen pals and others were shorter letters from people who saw my name and address on InCoWriMo, the web site where people sign up and promise to write a letter a day in the month of February.

I've been on InCoWriMo before and never noticed much mail, but this time in my bio I said that I was a "retired theater critic" and every single InCoWriMo person who wrote wanted to know how I got to be a critic and what it was like.  I suppose I should have had an answer that I could copy to every letter, but I answered each letter individually.  I had a huge stack of mail to be put out for the mail carrier in the morning.

Then this morning I had a several SwapBot projects that had to be done, which included writing a lot of post cards.  it was fun to write the "Something Local to You PC" where you were supposed to send out post cards of your town.  Well, Davis has crappy postcards.  In fact, I don't remember ever seeing a post card of Davis in a long time, but I had a postcard MADE that I felt should have been made years ago.


Now isn't that a great post card??  These statues were made by Robert Arneson, a professor at the university and there are seven spots around the campus where you can find heads.  (I have also seen heads in San Francisco, but smaller).    I had 10 post cards made and have sent 3.  I will only send for special occasions.  And if I run out, I will have more made.  They were definitely reasonably priced.  I will love sending them to Postcrossing partners.
______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8563 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...