Thursday, March 28, 2024

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Two Easter Sunday Sweethearts (1954)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a couple dressed in their "Sunday Best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?
Nope.  Nowhere to go!

2) The happy couple is walking up the street arm-in-arm. Have you recently seen a couple holding hands or walking arm-in-arm in public
Haven't been out in public, so no.

3) This week's featured artist, Vera Lynn, was a beloved English singer who is affectionately remembered for her tireless work entertaining the troops during WWII. She famously sang "There'll Always Be an England" during outdoor concerts in Egypt, India, and Burma, even as battles raged nearby. What is your favorite patriotic song?
"Stars and Stripes Forever"

 4) Though she became a celebrity at 19, Vera continued to live with her parents until she married at age 21. How old were you when you left home for good?
I was 18, when I moved from San Francisco to Berkeley to start UC.  Never moved back home again. 

 Now, here are some questions in honor of this weekend's holiday ...

5) More than 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Eggs are produced every day. Do you enjoy Cadbury Eggs all year around, only at Easter, or not at all?
I love Cadbury eggs and if I ate them, would eat them all year around, but I don't eat candy much any more, so haven't had any in years.

 6) Pretzels are considered a delicious Easter snack in Germany. Do you more often crave salty treats or sweet ones?
These days, my cravings are for salty things (nuts, chips, crackers), but not pretzels, which I don't really like.  I like sweets, but when I let myself have some, I find they are too sweet

7) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?
Halloween because we don't buy candy for Easter and so buy for trick or treat, and usually have a lot left over.

8) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?
More than 2 hours of sleep!

9)  This year, April Fool's Day happens to follow Easter Sunday. Do you expect to fall victim to any pranks?
No, because other than Walt (who doesn't prank) I won't see anybody on April 1 (Ned and Marta are away for the weekend)

______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY



8561

4 comments:

  1. "Stars and Stripes Forever" makes me want to go parading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing Stars and Stripes Forever in band. We sounded awful. LOL. But we tried hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 My brother’s children are all at their in-laws this weekend so I posted that on Facebook and I got invited to a couple that I know that opens there doors to the stray lambs.
    #6 A place on Cape Cod sells salted chocolate covered almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stars and Stripes makes me think of my dad. He would play patriotic music and we would march around the house. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...