Saturday, March 16, 2024

Sunday Stealing


 Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.


Stolen from Friday Five 





1. What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different?
If I would eat better and exercise more, my life would definitely be different...but I'm not likely to/

2.  What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn?
The hardest  thing was burying our two sons, one in 1996 and one in 1999.  It's obvious why it was hard for me.  And I learned that I don't want to bury any more children!

3. Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.
I don't know that I would think of any moments in my life "glorious," other than the birth of each of my children, but the most glorious period in my life would be the years I worked with The Lamplighters in San Francisco.

4. Write about a moment you felt brave.
When I went to Australia by myself.  I had never traveled alone before.  (Of course when I got to Australia I had a friend to stay with but it definitely felt strange traveling alone)

5. What made you happy today?
It always makes me happy to see the squirrels on our patio.  Today there were two of them, one in the tree and one on the ground, both eating walnuts.

6. What did you dislike most about growing up?
The first time I realized I was "grown up" was the first time I got the flu and had to stay in bed and there was nobody to bring me orange juice or fresh Kleenex.

7. Write about five activities you love the most and why you love them.
* Watching TV for entertainment
* Spending time on the Internet, for socialization
* Eating in a restaurant.  We rarely do it and I love it.
* Working jigsaw puzzles with Ned, just for fun
* Feeding the squirrels because they are so cute.

8. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe?
I told this recently either on Saturday 9 or Sunday Stealing, but it was when I was in grammar school and went alone to a park.  I tore the back seam of my pants and had to walk home 5 blocks with torn pants.  I ran into a guy from school who always teased me.  He was in his upstairs apartment and I don't know that he saw my pants, but I was very embarrassed.

9. What has been your best trip so far?
Oh so many!  Perhaps our very first river cruise on a small boat in England.  We went with Mike and Char and there were a total of 7 passengers.  It took us 5 days to get from London to Oxford and 40 minutes by train to get from Oxford back to London.

10. What traits (physical or personal) do people notice when they meet you for the first time?
I have no clue what people think, but I always think the first thing they notice is my weight.

11.  Is social media a blessing or a curse?
It depends on how you use it.  For me it's a blessing because since I don't really leave the house it has become my social outlet.

12. What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen?
That I die in my sleep.  Not sure how I can make that happen!

13.  What did you struggle most with today?
I made Irish soda bread and it's been so long since I've made anything in the kitchen, I found I had to sit down several times to rest my back before finishing.

14.  Name the biggest priority in your life right now
I always try to comment on everybody who has posted to Sunday Stealing, so I have that to do today.

15. What are 5 things you wish others knew about you.
* I'm very shy
* I am not comfortable in most large parties
* I am not organized at all (most people seem to think I am)
* I love it when people drop by to visit, since I can't drive any more and can't go visit anyone.
* I miss "girl talk."
______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF  THE DAY


8559

2 comments:

  1. I know I've torn my pants in public at least twice, and thahose wouldn't have even made the Top 10 of mye most embarrassing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've travelled alone lots of times through work and ended up being on my own at weekends in foreign lands too. It's scary at first but I am used to it now.

    Interesting trip from London to Oxford by boat. I would quite like that I think.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Yum

 Ned is the caregiver for a building that is owned by the volunteer fire department.  We went there a month or so ago when they had a pancak...