Monday, July 22, 2024

More Postcards and Biden

 I found a set of dog and cat postcards on Amazon this week.  Just what I don't need is more postcards, but it said there were only 8 sets left and I had a feeling that this was not the kind of postcard that would be refilled when they are gone.  So I bought them.  I just love them.  But it's like all my other postcards I've purchased recently...who am I going to send one to?  I did send a cat one to my friend Gerry.  I figure in a convalescent hospital she can use all the fun she can get...and she likes cats.  But now I'm waiting to hear from SwapBot or Postcrossing that it's time to send a postcard so I can send one to someone else.

So today was an historical day -- Biden has dropped out of the race.  It's certainly interesting listening to Republicans and Democrats talk about his presidency.  I listened to a podcast of Jon Stewart interviewing Bill O'Reilly, who feels Biden has been the absolute worst president in history (he didn't even mention Nixon).  Now today I'm listening to all the Democrats talk about how Biden has been one of the best presidents in history.  I really, really want to live another 50 year so I can read the history books in 2075.

It is assumed (by the Democrats I've heard today) that Kamala Harris will run and that she is certain to beat Trump.  Can you imagine how Trump would feel is he was defeated by a black woman??  I have to admit that is a debate I'd love to hear, if she is chosen.

From Mary Trump:

We cannot kid ourselves about what the response from Donald and other Republicans will be. They have had their entire election strategy ripped out of their hands.

They were prepared and only prepared to run against President Biden. Many, many, many of their tactics must be thrown out the window. Right now, Donald Trump is the oldest person ever to seek the presidency. Kamala Harris is young and energetic, extremely intelligent and extremely capable. None of those descriptions applies to the Republican candidate.

They will stop at nothing to tear her down.

They will use racist attacks.

They will use misogynistic attacks.

Nothing is beneath these people. So, we need to be prepared for that. We need to be prepared to fight back.

I know we can do this. We can do this together. And we'll be together every step of the way

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...