Monday, July 15, 2024

Postcrossing

 

I actually left the house and met new people today!

In January of this year, I joined Postcrossing.  This is a group where people send (and receive) postcards to people around the world.  I was in the group in 2010 and sent (and received) over 500 postcards, but I quit and I hadn't been involved for 5 years, but I decided that with SO many postcards here, I should get involved again, so I did.

There are Postcrossing meetings in various cities that I have read about, but it never occurred to me that there would be a Postcrossing meeting here.

However, a woman named Judy (left) did a search for how many Postcrossing people are active in Davis now and she sent out a note to all of us inviting us to meet with her this morning at 9:30.

When was the last time I went to a meeting with strangers?  I was actually nervous...would I remember how to chat with people I'd never met before?


Only five of us showed up, but what delightful women! We talked about where we got our postcards, and what we liked (one joined because she's a stamp collector.  Another likes postcards of birds and had a big stack of them to show us.  I brought along the two postcards I had made of Davis, and found out where I can go to search for more Davis post cards.

I also got the name of an artist who sells interesting postcards of California.

One woman shared that you can receive postcards from Russia, but you cannot SEND to Russia. 

We chatted about postcards and stamps and people we have written to and heard from.  We also talked about getting together again in the fall.  I will try to design a Postcrossing post card that we can share (which is what they do in bigger meetings)

Anyway, it was just a wonderful day and I'm so happy I went! 

__________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Me, Judy, Alison, Lauren (Elyse left early)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...