Friday, July 26, 2024

Saturday 9

Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You) 1969

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Liza Minnelli acknowledges that she may be "taking a terrible chance." Have you done anything risky lately?
No.  My life is pretty boring these days.

2) In 1969, when Liza recorded this song, she was 23 and her career was really beginning to take off. She was a sought-after guest on TV talk and variety shows and received her first Oscar nomination. Give us a quick overview of your life at 23.
I was married and had given birth to our first child.

3) Also in 1969, the first Gap store was opened in San Francisco. What have you recently added to your wardrobe? If yes, where did you buy it?
A t-shirt that says "San Francisco -- It's where it all began" (because I was born and raised in San Francisco).  I found it on line.

4) Liza says she always has apple juice in her refrigerator. What's something you're certain to have in your frig?
butter, mayonnaise, eggs, milk, salad dressings...

5) Liza's favorite card game is poker. What's yours?
It's called Five Crowns.  I used to play it all the time with my mother and cousins.

6) Though Liza recorded the song in 1969, "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" was written way back in 1931. It has been recorded more than 50 times by artists as diverse as Bing Crosby, Andy Gibb and Bob Dylan. Before today, had you heard it?
I believe so.

7) "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" is credited to Bert Kalmer and his partner, Harry Ruby. Another one of their hits was "Who's Sorry Now?" Do you owe anyone an apology?
Can't think of anybody,

8) Together they also wrote "Hooray for Captain Spaulding," sung onscreen by Groucho Marx in the movie Animal Crackers. There were five Marx Brothers in all. How many can you name?
Groucho, Harpo, Zeppo and 2 more

9) Random question: Do you believe talking to plants helps them grow?
I had a violet plant that I  talked to until it bloomed, then I stopped talking and it died. Could be just coincidence!
 

6 comments:

  1. I thought sure you'd figure out how to mention Judy this morning! :) I think it's cool that you chatted with your violet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your t shirt sounds fun. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of that card game. I will have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I played Five Crowns--it's like a progressive rummy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers have a wonderful weekend and be safe

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...