Friday, July 5, 2024

Santa Barbara

Today was the day to drive the 400 miles to Santa Barbara.  Ned wanted to leave at 10 and surprisingly we were pretty much one time.  He had ordered sandwiches for us to eat for lunch and had fixed up the back seat with garbage bag, Kleenex, and pretty much everything we would need on the 6-7 hour trip.

Things started going wrong immediately.  We hit rush hour traffic, going 10 mph for the first maybe half hour.  If there was any good. we were going slow enough I was able to take a picture of the minions on the field.


The traffic finally let up and we were able to drive normally until the next traffic jam.  I have lost count of how many traffic jams we ran into, but I seemed to text "10 mph" to Alice Nan several times/ I felt so bad for Ned, who was driving.

We ate lunch in the car and at one point saw a big fire off in the hills.

We finally approached Santa Barbara and texted Alice Nan, who said Tom and Joe (her husband) --and others --were still playing golf, so instead of going to Tom's house, we went to Alice & Joe's.  When they finished the game, they came home and Tom came to see us.  I was able to give him his birthday present.

I think he actually liked it!

I didn't see granddaughter Lacie today, but we will see her tomorrow.  I expected to have my usual bad night of no sleep, especially since Norm decided to sleep on the couch in the family room, so I couldn't do all the things I normally do during the night (I was gong to stuff my 30 eggs, for one thing).

But, oddly enough, I slept very well, pretty much on the same schedule that I have started doing at home.
.

_______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY

Bri's team is playing in Hawaii



1 comment:

Saturday 9

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have...