Monday, July 8, 2024

What a day!

 What an amazing day this was ... and for me it didn't start until noon.

Walt and Alice Nan went to 10:30 Mass.  My plan was to take a shower in Joe's room,  but Joe slept in, so I just changed clothes.  They got home at noon and we met our friend Dick at Cajun Kitchen for breakfast.  We haven't seen him in a couple of years.  His wife, Gerry, my former roommate is in a convalescent hospital recovering from a bad infection, so we arranged to meet Dick and had a marvelous breakfast of crab cakes egg Benedict and a terrific "catch up" conversation.

When we finished breakfast, we made arrangements to meet Dick at the convalescent hospital.  We sat outside with Gerry, overlooking a beautiful garden and had a great visit.

We left there around 4 and went directly to Tom's house.  Lacie and I played several games of rummy.

Lacie and I have never really had anything to do with each other, ever since she was too old to have me read to her.  She LOVES Jeri and Ned and if we are with them, she is more interested in them.  But she also loves playing cards and I have been writing to her (and Brianna) regularly and have mentioned t hat I love playing cards, so we found a game we could play.  She won almost all the games.  I finally had to get up because my butt was killing me.

Later, Lacie got us ALL (even Walt) playing a game called "Screw Your Neighbor."  We all sat around the coffee table and played forever.  It was such fun, with lots of laughing.


Tom and Joe chopped up the beef left from the picnic for a big taco bar for dinner.


We had a great dinner.  There wasn't enough room at the table for all of us, so Ned and Tom sat at a side table together.  Talking about it later, Walt and I both admitted that we felt such great warmth watching how much the two brothers like each other.


Ned and Lacie had been making a movie all day, and Ned was going to film the final scene after dinner, with everybody getting dressed in costumes.


The movie concerned what Lacie was going to do to Brianna's room, since Bri was in Hawaii at a soccer tournament.  In the movie, she decides to throw a party and so the final scene Ned shot was everybody in their costumes dancing.  I couldn't be part of it because I can't climb the stairs, but Ned showed me the video when it was done.  I wonder what Brianna is going to think when she sees the movie (also what she is going to think when she goes to bed and discovers that Ned and Lacie short sheeted her bed!)

It was a long day, but I had such fun.  Definitely the most fun I've had with Lacie since...well, since ever.  It makes a difference when the two girls aren't together, because they are so mean to each other t that you can't like either of them, but I had a great time talking to Lacie and especially playing cards with her.

We went back to Alice & Joe's house for the night and for the second night, I slept pretty much all night long.  Amazing.
_______________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 



1 comment:

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...