Friday, July 12, 2024

Saturday 9

 

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer (1963)

 Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here

 

1) In this song, Nat King Cole sings about enjoying "soda and pretzels and beer." Which of those three would we find in your kitchen right now?
Actually none.  Ned has soda out in the garage, we don't have pretzels or beer.

2) The lyrics mention a romantic movie. Which movie couple do you believe had onscreen chemistry?
Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, of course!

3) He wishes "summer could always be here." How has your summer been so far?
The temps have been over 100 more than under 100.  I'm longing for autumn.

4) According to the song, a great warm weather meal includes sandwiches and weenies. Tell us about your perfect sandwich or, if you prefer, what you believe is the ideal way to dress a hot dog.
I put mustard and catsup (sorry--I know that's sacrilegious) and maybe a bit of cheese.  Mostly, I enjoy it plain.

5) Nat was a big baseball fan. Growing up in Chicago he played sandlot games and listened to Cubs games on the radio. As an adult he was a season ticket holder at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Do you enjoy playing/watching baseball or softball?
I do.  I enjoy professional baseball on TV and have enjoyed my granddaughters' games as well.

6) The lyrics of this week's song were written by Charlie Tobias, who wanted to create a sense of nostalgia for summers gone by. Share one of your special summer memories.
I was a huge Judy Garland fan and my family made plans to go to a summer resort one summer.  It said they showed movies.  I teased my father that he'd probably have to watch a Judy Garland movie and when we got there, the movie that was going to be shown was The Pirate, probably her worst movie.

7) In 1963, one of the best-selling books was "Happiness Is a Warm Puppy" by Charles Schultz. The cover showed Lucy giving Snoopy a big hug. Name another character from the Peanuts comic strip.
Charlie Brown, Linus

8)  Also in 1963, men were wearing thin, solid-color ties. Later in the decade, ties would become wider, patterned and more colorful. Where do you turn to keep up with fashion trends?
I've never been into fashion trends.

9) Random question: Would you rather be a cowboy or a pirate?
A cowboy.  I love horses and don't like small boats.

_________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY 

We finished our Pop Culture puzzle

 

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, The Pirate wasn’t her best work … but I still love Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6: Thank you! I've never ever liked The Pirate, and all the my classic movie friends think that makes me a heathen. But I'll take For Me and My Gal and Summer Stock over The Pirate any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 I try to avoid all three, they are high in carbs.
    #2 Good choice, you know that Katharine Hepburn here in Connecticut on Long Island Sound near the mouth of the Connecticut River in the Old Saybrook.
    #9 I also picked cowboys, pirates seems like are always walking the short plank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun puzzle! We have had a few days in the 60's and 70's because of hurricane Beryl (we only got rain)...but the rain cooled things off and the humidity was low. That will probably all change soon. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, another streaker dog eater! I eat mine like you do (except with relish sometimes).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that Judy Garland movie. I thought I had seen them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn were a good team! I never had the patience for big puzzles. I like to do work searches.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every co...