Monday, October 2, 2023

as old as I am

So we're not going to shut down the country after all.  At least not for several days.  

It has been absolutely amazing to me that we are discussing shutting down the country, taking away people's income, closing things like food for children, etc. and what were the Republicans doing?  Trying to impeach Biden on charges for which they had no proof and no witnesses.  But somehow that was more important than finding a way not to shut the country down.

At times like this, my mother would always say "I'm glad I'm as old as I am," so she wouldn't have to deal with what was going on in the government.  I may be uncomfortable being 80, but I'm definitely glad I'm as old as I am...or will be especially if #45 is re-elected.  I feel sorry that Brianna and Lacie will have to deal with the country when they grow up...but I won't.

I found a new group on Facebook, which appears to be extremely busy.  It's for women over 80 and in only a few days I'm so glad that I joined.  It's a very social group and since I have almost no social interaction in my real life, I'm so glad to suddenly find all these women my age who are in the same position and all looking for social contacts.

It's a pain to have nobody you can call if you want to go out for lunch in town, but with this Facebook group and the pen pals I have, at least I do have some sort of social life...though nobody to come to my funeral!  LOL.

___________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY



I love this picture!

8412  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...