Friday, October 27, 2023

Being old

Ned and Walt have gone to Tahoe.  Ned will be home tomorrow ; Walt will stay with his sister and her husband and they will drive him home in a few days.  So it's just Marta and me here and I have to admit that it makes me uncomfortable to do anything for fear of falling.  So I've just spent time watching TV and working on the puzzle (which is such a fun puzzle).  

Marta works at home and I never see her during the day, and she has a meeting on Thursday nights, so she won't join me for dinner, but she came downstairs to make sure I was OK and to let me know that she is going to her office in Sacramento tomorrow and remind me to keep my cell phone with me and if I fall, to call 911.  It all made me feel very old!  But she's right, of course.  If I fall and don't have my phone with me, I am too heavy to crawl to get it.  I'm the traditional old lady on TV saying "Help--I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I wrote letters to Brianna and Lacie today and was telling Lacie about the cakes I decorated, since she is becoming a cake decorator.  I decided to take a picture of the most complicated cake I ever decorated.  It took 8 hours to make the flowers, because some of them had to harden and others were made of buttercream frosting.  I just love this cake.  But I think I only made it 2 or 3 times.  It just takes too long to make!

_____________________________________________________________________________



8437

1 comment:

  1. Your cake is beautiful. How fun that Lacie has decided to become a cake decorator.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...