Tuesday, October 10, 2023

The Day Before

 Well, tomorrow is my colonoscopy and I have 3 days to prepare.  Yesterday I couldn't eat any thing with fiber in it, which is pretty much my normal diet.  I could have white bread, peanut butter, butter, lunch meat, mayonnaise, and other stuff.  It was definitely not a difficult diet to follow.

Today, however, it's all clear liquids.  For breakfast I had apple juice and lemon-lime jello.  For lunch I had chicken broth, apple juice and lemon-lime jello...and that's what I'll have for dinner too.

In addition, I have to drink 8 oz of water every hour (fairly easy, since I drink so much water anyway),  Ned also made me some apple juice popsicles.

But then...I'm writing this at 5 and will add a PS later... at 6 I start taking half a gallon of the liquid laxative, 8 oz every 15 minutes.  Should take 2 hours to take it all and then I finish the other half in the morning 3 hours before we go to Kaiser.  I remember the laxative from when I had a sigmoidoscopy and I know it tastes terrible, but I have apple juice and ginger ale to drink along with it and I hope I can get through it without too much discomfort.

I'll definitely be glad when this is all over.

---------

PS - The drink isn't nearly as awful as what I had before my sigmoidoscopy.  i drank it with apple juice, but really didn't need the apple juice.  Whew!

_______________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


Watching the horror on TV toady.
Makes me want to cry.

8420

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...