Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.



Stolen from Swap Bot





1. Write about the best decision you ever made. How did you make it? Was it reasoning or gut instinct?
I think it was to decision to help a woman who was going to write a history of The Lamplighters Music Company for their 25th anniversary.  That decision changed my life.  I helped with the book, made many friends, stayed around to volunteer for the company, helped write several original musicals, learned the computer, and ultimately wrote my own book 10 years later.  

2. What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different?
I would have graduated from college.  I would have found a "career" instead of the jobs I had so that I could retire with a retirement.

3. What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn?
The hardest thing was learning about grief.  This was when one of my best friends, Gilbert Russak, the musical director of The Lamplighters died.  It took a year to go through grief, during which I read every book I could find on dying and on grief.  I  realized how important this was when our son David died, and I knew what grief was like and could help everyone in the family get through it.

4. What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen?
Oh lord...that #45 doesn't become #47.  

5. If you can time travel, what will you tell your teenage self?
Stick with it and finish your college degree.  And floss.

6. Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.
Well, the first time I gave birth was pretty glorious.  There have been other glorious moments like this:

This is when our kids' band performed.  This is my favorite picture.


7. Write about a moment you feel brave.
Well, most recently, I felt brave when I went in for my colonoscopy!

8.  What made you happy today?
It always makes me happy to watch the squirrels running around in our yard and eating the walnuts I put out for them.  I love watching the dog trying to catch them, hoping desperately that he can learn how to climb a tree.

9. What do you dislike most about growing up?
The thing I dislike most about growing up, when I got out on my own, was the first time I was sick and didn't have my mother there to bring me orange juice, pin a bag to the side of my bed for used tissues, and just check on how I was doing.  I felt very alone

10. Write about ten activities you love the most and why you love them.
* reading
* watching TV
* writing letters to pen pal friends
* going to Santa Barbara to visit Tom and his family
* watching Jeri and Ned playing with Brianna and Lacie
* watching waves in the ocean
* playing Block Puzzle Jewel on my cell phone
* finding wonderful views of San Francisco
* drinking ice water!

11. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe? Write about it in as much detail as you feel comfortable!
I know there are some and I hope I can remember and come back to add it here.

12. What has been your best trip so far?
Our first trip to England, with all five kids.  A week in London, a week in Ireland, and a week back in London again.  It taught us that if we were financially careful, we really could travel internationally and it started all of the trips we have taken since.

 13. Write a list of 5 things (physical or personality-wise) you love about yourself, and why they make you unique.
* I love my sense of humor
* I loved taking care of all those SPCA dogs, especially the orphans
* I love the kids that I sponsor through Compassion Int'l.
* I love writing Funny the World
* I was happy to donate blood regularly for many years until my veins decided they didn't want to be poked any more

14. Discuss 5 things you wish others knew about you.
* I am very shy
* I don't have a lot of friends
* I no longer drive
* There was a time when I was a very good cake decorator
* I write an almost daily journal entry, that almost nobody reads

15. Is social media a blessing or a curse?
Yes!

_____________________________________________________________________________

I have developed a canker sore

8426   

2 comments:

  1. Try some Lysine for the canker sore. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid that #45 will at least be the GOP nom. It doesn't matter that he's been indicted four times, impeached twice. There was a recent article in the New York Times discussing how his people have manipulated many of the state nomination mechanisms. He could have enough delegates by March 5. And if he's the nominee, he could win.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...