Friday, October 13, 2023

The results

 Nobody realized how scared I was of the colonoscopy.  Not the prep.  Not the procedure, but the results.  It seems everyone in my family was either dead at my age, most from cancer, or had been diagnosed with cancer.  I was convinced that I was going to learn that I had cancer.

It's a new world.

The results are in and everything is OK.  They removed two polyps, neither of which was cancerous or pre-cancerous, but because one was rather large, they want to do another colonoscopy in April to make sure there aren't pre-cancerous polyps.  Now that I know I'm OK for now -- and that the prep isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be -- having another one in April doesn't scare me at all.   

_____________________________________________________________________________



8423

No comments:

Post a Comment

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...